To increase willpower should you focus on greater self-control or greater self-compassion?
Eric Barker stashed this in Compassion
Forgiving in general seems to be a good policy to live by.
- Being reminded of times when they did something wrong makes people more likely to accept apologies and forgive.
- The best way to apologize is not to apologize for what you think you did wrong. Apologize for what they think you did wrong.
- Forgiving yourself can help you stop procrastinating.
- Women apologize more than men because they find more things offensive than guys do.
- Apologizing to the police can help you get out of a speeding ticket.
The thing I keep in mind in reading all of these is that, as your image above suggests, it's important not only to forgive others but also to forgive yourself.
Not sure which is harder some days.
I've certainly struggled with both.
Forgiving yourself is hard because we want to be hard on ourselves.