Best Mark Zuckerberg Quotes...
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Zuck!
Here's a countdown of my five favorites from the BusinessInsider article...
5. "Our mission is to make the world more open and connected. We do this by giving people the power to share whatever they want and be connected to whoever they want, no matter where they are."
4. "Calm down. Breathe. We hear you." (re: News Feed)
3. "The idea of the social graph is that if you mapped out all the connections between people in the world it would form this graph, and that’s what we’re doing at Facebook. Once you’ve done that, you can start building services on them and enable this broader platform, build games, etc. A lot of people have characterized the social graph as something that we own or control, but we don’t." (in 2010)
2. "This week I got an iPhone. This weekend I got four chargers so I can keep it charged everywhere I go and a land line so I can actually make phone calls." (in 2010)
1. "When people are writing nice stuff about us, it's important to get in front of the company and say, 'Don't believe all this.' When they write negative stuff, it's important to get in front of the company and say, 'Don't believe all this.'"
In 2010, Zuckerberg laid out his grand vision for how Facebook would change a lot of industries:
Anything that involves content or specific expertise in an area – games, music, movies, TV, news, anything in media, anything e-commerce, any of this stuff.
Over the next five years, those verticals are going to be completely re-thought. There are going to be some really good businesses built.
Our view is that we should play a role in helping to re-form and re-think all those industries, and we'll get value proportional to what we put in. In gaming, we get some percentage of the value of those companies through ads and credits. But that's all because we're helping them.
If we're helpful to other industries in building out what would be a good solution then there will be some way we get value from that.
It's three years later. This is still very much a work in progress.