6 reasons why a better life is just a few steps away: - Barking up the wrong tree
Eric Barker stashed this in #lifehacks
It is. Just step outside.
Nature has a myriad of incredible positive effects that have demonstrated by research:
- Being out in nature reduces stress.
- Nature walks or even looking at pictures of nature improves memory.
- Flowers increase romantic feelings.
- Nature can even make you a better person.
- Can't be bothered to step outside? Even a potted plant has been shown to improve attention span and increase creativity in an office environment.
You might be inclined to discount this. I know that because another study has shown people consistently underestimate how much better being in nature would make them feel...
Just getting outside is enough, right?
You don't actually have to go to a remote place, I'm thinking.
Not remote, but there needs to be some o' that old' mother nature round ya. Trees and grass, etc. A park should do fine. :)