Why Choose Organic? Hereâ€™s 7 Compelling Reasons - did you know about the little stickers on fruit - they have extra information
Gammy Dodger stashed this in Things that should get eaten
Did you know? Those annoying little stickers on fruit yield some useful information. Conventional products have a 4-digit code. Genetically modified produce has a 5-digit code starting with 8. Organic produce has a 5-digit code starting with 9. Go for the 9â€˛s!
1. Itâ€™s the pesticides: The Stanford study defined â€śhealthyâ€ť as having more nutrients, and concluded that while organic food does contain more nutrients, the somewhat higher levels donâ€™t warrant the higher prices.
Thatâ€™s not the reason most people buy organics. People buy organic food for what it does not contain: toxins, pesticides, fertilizers, antibiotics, growth hormones, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
2. Avoid a chemical â€śbody-burdenâ€ť: We may be able to excrete small doses of occasional toxins, but the accumulated build-upÂ of pesticide exposure over many years leads to a chemical â€śbody burdenâ€ť which can weaken our immune systems, or cause cancers and birth defects.
3. Donâ€™t bathe unborn babies in chemicals: Cord blood in newborns now shows up to 200 or more chemicals! These chemicals have never been tested on fetuses, because no parent would ever allow it â€“ yet our unborn babies are our guinea pigs.
FetusesÂ are most vulnerable to pesticide exposure because their immune systems are not yet developed, and their bodies and brains are growing rapidly. Pregnant womenÂ pass the pesticides they eat to the child in the womb, and to their babies through breast milk.
4. Save your kids from the â€śbetter living thru chemistryâ€ť experiment: The food you feed your children affects their growth and development. Pesticides are poisons designed to kill organisms on plants, but they also harm the people who eat them.
No one knows all the long-term consequences, but the toxic chemicals in our food and environment have been linked to everything from learning disabilities to cancers. As Dr. Oz said on his show, â€śDonâ€™t let your kids be part of this experiment.â€ť
5. If you eat meat, eat healthy animals: Animals from organic farms do not receive growth hormones or antibiotics which contribute to creating antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria. Antibiotic-resistant bacteria impacts our health because when we get sick we may not respond to antibiotic treatment.Â
6. Dine on fresher, tastier food: Organic food delights your taste buds because it doesnâ€™t contain preservatives that make it last longer. In our grandparentsâ€™ day, everything was organic, and simple food tasted the way nature made it.
Now you can taste the difference when you bite into an organic strawberry or peach. It delivers a burst of sweet flavor. Compare that with its chemically grown cousin that sports a waxy shine but little taste. All show, no substance.
7. Consume more nutrients: Organically grown food is more nourishing because it comes from soil that is rich with nutrients. Modern soil has been sterilized with pesticides and herbicides, reducing the health giving nutrients we used to benefit from. Organic farmers use nutrient-rich compost. Thereâ€™s an old organic maxim â€śHealthy soil makes healthy plants, makes healthy people.â€ť
Read More of This Article Here: http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/why-choose-organic-7-reasons/