Purported Service Manual Gives A Look At The Next Nexus Phone
J Thoendell stashed this in Tech
The document also gives us a peek at most of the device's specs, confirming and expanding upon recent rumors – here's a quick rundown of what it reveals.
- 4.95" 1080p display (IPS TFT for those interested)
- 32GB internal storage (other capacities not specified)
- 2GB RAM
- MSM8974 aka Snapdragon 800 at 2.3GHz
- 8MP OIS rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
- 2300mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
- Slimport compatibility
- Micro SIM slot
- Notification light
- Wireless charging
- Bluetooth 3.0 (We assume this is an error – Bluetooth 4.0 appears elsewhere in the document, but according to the last page it's still a draft.)
- UMTS/GSM/CDMA/LTE compatibility
It also indicates the exact same dimensions as the Nexus 4. Remember, though, that this document is a draft and this is likely an error.
Update: As some readers have pointed out, the document also mentions 16GB eMMC (on page 8), so we may be looking at at least two storage capacities, both thankfully larger than 8GB.
I wish they would make a device with these specs that wasn't a phone.
Kind of like an Android equivalent of an iPod Touch.
For those of us who want one but don't want to be locked into a two-year plan.