How big and tall are NFL players?
J Thoendell stashed this in Sports
Now, I trust the NFL.com height/weight listings about as much as the given ages of each of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. That doesn’t mean the graph, created by Dr. Craig M. Booth, isn’t fascinating to examine.
1. Darren Sproles is perhaps the easiest player to identify on the chart. He’s the purple dot just above the 200 lbs. marking.
2. It’s also easy to find diminutive quarterbacks like Drew Brees and Russell Wilson on the chart.
3. Denver return man Trindon Holliday is the yellow dot in the corner.
4. The tallest offensive player is Denver Broncos backup quarterback Brock Osweiler, who stands 6-8.
5. The outlying defender is Clifton Geathers, the 340-pound DE from the Philadelphia Eagles.
6. Big isn’t always better in the NFL. Plus-sized players are out of fashion, as evidenced by the surprising dearth of players tipping the scales at more than 350 pounds. Just 11 years ago, the Dallas Cowboys had four players weighing more than 350 pounds on its offensive line. This year, the heaviest player on the Cowboys is 333 pounds.