You Can Easily Learn 100 TED Talks Lessons In 5 Minutes Which Most People Need 70 Hours
Michael Simmons stashed this in Inspiring
Amazing summary of hundreds of TED Talks.
12. Success isn’t a destination, it’s a continuous journey that’s made up of eight parts: passion, hard work, focus, pushing yourself and others, having great ideas, making constant improvements, serving others, and persistence.
20. The best way to help someone is often to shut up and listen to them.
21. A great way to kill two birds with one stone: have walking meetings, where you walk and talk to someone at the same time. It’s great exercise, and it speeds up the meeting.
22. Stress by itself doesn’t affect your health. How you think about stress does.
34. Living an awesome life means having a great attitude (seeing the good in things), seeing the wonder in the world around you, and being authentic.
35, 36, 37, 38, 39. 40, 41. There isn’t one secret to happiness, but there are a lot of small secrets that will move you in the right direction. Stay in the moment, and be mindful. Spend money on other people, rather than on yourself. Slow down. Take time to appreciate and see the good in what you have. Live a life that’s full of meaning in the short-and long-term. And change how you look at the past, present, and future.
42. Your memory is a lot faultier than you think. You frequently remember things that didn’t happen, and remember things differently than they actually happened. Plus, your memories can be manipulated.
96. The scientific odds are not against, but incredibly in favor of alien life.
97. One of Saturn’s moons has a giant volcano that shoots out ice instead of lava. And that’s just one cool part about the planet.