Sergey Zelvenskiy stashed this in entrepreneurship
I think it's huge. Now Hackers and Founders can get insurance. Thanks Obama!
Just got email from H/F:
This is all the info I’m able to release at present, so don’t everybody email me or Gina* all at once :) ------------------------------------------
Hi H/F Members,
I am SO excited to announce that HackerCare, a new health insurance program for California Hackers/Founders members, will launch soon.
Over the years, I’ve spoken with so many of you who were hampered in your efforts to found a startup by health insurance concerns. While I never had the bandwidth to address the problem, I never forgot about it.
Enter Gina Lujan* from Hacker Lab and Hackers/Founders – Sacramento, also known as “she who gets s**t done”. Due to her efforts,HackerCare will be the first health insurance specifically geared to teh geeks. Here’s what I can tell you now:
- HackerCare will offer a less expensive and better quality policy than Covered California (for most people)
- How? HackerCare will be a part of a group-buying program. Also, Perks
- Launch goal is Late Feb – Early Mar to avoid no-insurance fines
- At present, HackerCare includes VSP for vision coverage. Will keep you posted about dental
- The website is in beta, so I’m not giving you the link yet. You’ll break it and then we can’t have nice things
Look for the updates. Until then, Jonathan and I extend our deepest gratitude to Gina Lujan and team. This one’s personal.
I was wondering how it compares to the California option. Cool.