7 Crippling Parenting Behaviors That Keep Children From Growing Into Leaders - Forbes
Tina Miller, MA,CFLE stashed this in parenting
This is great advice. I feel the US has really shifted away from raising strong independent adults, we give them way too much, and intervene way too often, robbing them of the experience and self esteem to accomplish/solve things on their own.
Yes! I summarize this article as:
1. Encourage children take to take risks.
2. Don't rescue early. Let them struggle.
3. Don't praise easily. Make them earn it.
4. Never give in to guilt!
5. Share past mistakes and what we learned.
6. Remember that intelligence and influence are not maturity.
7. Practice what we preach.