Sign up FAST! Login

How Much Money Do Boston UberX Drivers Make?


How Much Money Do Boston UberX Drivers Make BostInno

Source: http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/05/27...

I caught an UberX ride out to Somerville. The 4.92-mile trip from Fleet Street in the North End, where my driver picked me up, to Porter Square took just over 16 minutes and cost $14.99 – roughly $12 of which went directly to the driver.

I rode shotgun next to Brian, a native of Guatemala, who told me en route that, for the last two months, he's been making upwards of $300 a night as an UberX driver to supplement part-time shifts at an Italian restaurant in Back Bay.

UberX drivers, Brian explained, pocket 80 percent of each fare while Uber receives the remaining 20 percent.

Stashed in: Uber

To save this post, select a stash from drop-down menu or type in a new one:

I can't tell, accounting for gas and time, if this is actually a good deal for the UberX drivers.

You May Also Like: