Tropical Breakfast Muffins
Janill Gilbert stashed this in Food
Tropical Breakfast Muffins Makes 12 large muffins 1.5 cups almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot powder
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, plus more for the tops, if desired
1/2 cup chopped pecans, plus more for the tops, if desired
1 tablespoon orange zest (about 1 small orange)
1/2 cup very ripe mashed banana
1/2 cup grated carrots (about 2 small carrots)
1/2 cup minced pineapple (fresh is best, canned is okay)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with parchment liners.
- Place the chopped pecans and coconut on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, until just golden.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; almond flour through pecans. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients; orange zest through maple syrup.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Top with additional coconut and pecans, if desired.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until they bounce back when you lightly push the top.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Stashed in: Yum