20 years later -- how far we've come
Gregory Alan Bolcer stashed this in The Right Thing
Stashed in: @ifindkarma
December 9, 1994. Today I turned 25, and purchased Revolution X by Rob Nelson and Jon Cowan, co-founders of Lead... or Leave. I decided to make this Web page to do my part. We start with the 13 Challenges for the 13th Generation from Revolution X (see that book for comprehensive strategies toward these challenges):
- Create Good Jobs. D-
- Protect the Planet. C-
- Control Crime. B+
- Prevent AIDS. A-
- Reinvent Social Security. C-
- Design a Post-Cold War Military.B-
- Make Education Affordable. F
- Give Equal Rights to Gays. A
- Help End Homelessness. F
- Guarantee Freedom of Choice. C-
- Trim America's Budget. B-
- Win Affordable Health Care. B
- Reform Our Politics. F
Wow, what a difference 20 years makes!
Doing better than I thought: Crime, Military, Gay Rights, Preventing AIDS, Homelessness.
Doing worse than I thought: Jobs, Education costs, Trimming the Budget, the Environment, Reforming Politics.