JetBlue Debuts New Premium Business Class Experience: Mint
Rohit Khare stashed this in TRAVELMAN
starting in October, the brand will launch JFK to SFO. Flights on the new A321s will start at $599 for a one-way trip, whichTPG discussed at the preview event last September, stating that these seats are about 50% below current market price.
Some of the highlights of the product:
- 16 Fully lie-flat bedsup to 6’8,” the longest in the US domestic business class market…even TPG could fit!
- Seats arranged in2-2 configurationin rows 1, 3 and 5 and1-1 private closed door suitesin rows 2 and 4
- JetBlue will be the first and only airline in America to offer customers the option of a completely separate suite seat with closable door with no cost difference to the 2-2 rows
- Seats up to 22.3″ wide,the widest seats on average in the US domestic market with massage function
- Pre-departure specialty cocktails followed by a cocktail and amuse-bouche once airborne
- “Wake Me For Service” button to allow for customers to be woken for meal service
- Curated menu by NYC restaurantSaxon + Paroleallowing for customizable meals served tapas-style
- First purposely-built cappuccino machinefor a US airline
- Customized men’s and women’s amenities byBirchbox
- Desserts fromBlue Marble and sweets from Mah-ze-Dahr, both New York-based establishments
Makes me wonder how they can afford to offer the seats so cheaply.
Perhaps it's just a special introductory deal.