10 Behaviors That Could Kill Your Career
Stashed in: LinkedIn
To save this post, select a stash from drop-down menu or type in a new one:
From Jack Welch:
- Misfiring on performance or values — Overcommitting and under-delivering.
- Resistance to change — Failing to embrace new ideas.
- Being a Problem Identifier vs a Problem Solver.
- Winning over your boss but not your business peer group.
- Always worrying about your next career move versus focusing on the present.
- Running for office – it’s totally transparent to everyone but you!
- Self-importance — exhibiting a humorless, rigid attitude.
- Lacking the courage and conviction to push back on the system.
- Forgetting to develop your own succession plan for when you get promoted.
- Complacency — you’ve stopped growing.