"All 14 other cloud providers combined have 1/5th the aggregate capacity of AWS"
Eric Barker stashed this in Tech
Holy moly, look at some of these stats:
James Hamilton, VP and Distinguished Engineer at Amazon, and long time blogger of interesting stuff, gave an enthusiastic talk at AWS re:Invent 2014 onAWS Innovation at Scale. He’s clearly proud of the work they are doing and it shows.
James shared a few eye popping stats about AWS:
- 1 million active customers
- All 14 other cloud providers combined have 1/5th the aggregate capacity of AWS (estimate by Gartner in 2013)
- 449 new services and major features released in 2014
- Every day, AWS adds enough new server capacity to support all of Amazon’s global infrastructure when it was a $7B annual revenue enterprise (in 2004).
- S3 has 132% year-over-year growth in data transfer
102Tbps network capacity into a datacenter.
It's hard to fathom how huge Amazon's cloud is.