Vision versus Hallucination β Founders and Pivots Β« Steve Blank
Gregory Alan Bolcer stashed this in Failure
Never pivot every week. Great lessons learned:
1. Founders are great at seeing things others donβt β at times itβs a vision, most often itβs a hallucination.
2. Founders want immediate action β often they call it a pivot.
3. A Pivot should not be an excuse for a lack of a coherent strategy or a lack of impulse control.
4. Disconnect your insights from your mouth for 72-hours.
5. If you can unilaterally overrule your co-founders there are no brakes on you.
6. Your board members are not your brainstorm buddies. Find others you trust.