How Nick Hardwick lost 85 pounds after retiring from the NFL
J Thoendell stashed this in Sports
"I’m not naturally a big person," Hardwick told Kaplan. "So it took a lot of effort for me to sustain that weight."
He describes what he had to eat on a typical day in college to maintain his size:
- A sub sandwich for breakfast.
- A sub sandwich for lunch.
- 2 pounds of ground beef on tortillas for dinner.
- A 600-700 calorie protein shake before bed.
- Another 600-700 calorie protein shake at 3 a.m.
But once Hardwick reached NFL-type size, he still had to overindulge in order to maintain his body mass.