21 ways to Manage a work from home team
Lauren D. Harold stashed this in 2016 Strat
Stashed in: Teamwork
Tip 21 is my favorite: Create a true “team” feeling
When working virtually it may take extra effort to keep people feeling committed to their team. They need to know that not only they’re contributing true value to the team’s common goal; they are also valuable to the team’s success in achieving its goal. Some ways to achieve this are:
- Having and maintaining non-work related communication
- Sharing the future vision of the company
- Keeping your team informed about how the company is doing. People like to know what’s happening in other parts of the company and how they themselves fit in and are contributing to the bigger picture
- Get everyone in your team involved in important events and projects
- During birthdays and special occasions, send gifts with meaning.
I agree! I think the team feeling and setting up parameters for communication were the most important. It seems similar to setting up a good model for e-learning.
Yes! The more you put into it the more you get out of it.