Mega Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe - Daring Gourmet
Edward Tadros stashed this in Recipes, because.....FOOD!!!
I bought just shy of a metric ton of Organic Coconut Oil for bullet proof coffee......I needed an additional use for the stuff. This fits the bill.
I'm trying to ascertain what mega-healthy means because I've never heard of peanut butter as mega-healthy. Then again, I've never tried unsweetened peanut butter.
- ½ cup solidified coconut oil (do not melt it first!)
- ⅓ cup honey (you can add a little more if you prefer them sweeter)
- ½ cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (keep refrigerated)
- 2 tablespoons oat bran (keep refrigerated)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (keep refrigerated)
- ½ cup peanut butter or chocolate chips (optional)
I think mega-healthy is probably a stretch. But natural peanut butter doesn't usually contain sugar.... It's just a bunch of ground up peanuts and sometimes a dash of salt.
Ground up peanuts plus salt sounds really good! Makes me wonder why most add sugar to it.