How to Be Happier Without Really Trying | TIME
Eric Barker stashed this in Diabolical Plans For World Domination
Stashed in: @bakadesuyo
The little things that make good moments better (and the one that doesn’t):
- Tell friends “The greatest thing happened to me!” Share good moments with others.
- Mentally Instagram it. Take a picture with your mind to better share the moment later.
- Do a touchdown dance. Congratulate yourself on achievements.
- Close your eyes at the concert. Focus on the sense that’s bringing you joy.
- Say “I’m normally at work right now.” Compare to the times that aren’t as good.
- Be Zen and don’t think anything at all. Be in the moment.
- Shout, “HOORAY!” Express happy feelings.
- Remember “This will end.” Bittersweet is good.
- Say “I am so lucky to have this in my life.” Show gratitude.
- Do not say “I should be at work right now.” Don’t be a kill-joy.
You’re already a happiness expert. You unknowingly do a lot of what it takes to enjoy life. Just do those things more often.
And if you forget everything else, remember numero uno: share good experiences with others.
Lots of good explanations of those ten points in the link above.