The hardest lesson in business for businesswomen, by Sarah Cannata
Masha Yudin stashed this in Career - women
Short and sweet. "Being a leader isn’t about keeping other people happy. It’s about leading from the front, even when doing so is difficult. And at times, that means other people just aren’t going to like you and after a long while, I’ve come to feel that’s perfectly okay."
I like that too, Masha. I also like her five favorite quotes:
- "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together, we can do great things.” – Mother Teresa
- “Great leaders find ways to connect with their people and help them fulfill their potential.” – Steven J. Stowell
- “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
- “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” – Madeleine Albright
And of course her hardest lesson: You can’t always keep everyone happy.