How to Be Creative: 6 Secrets Backed By Research according to TIME
Eric Barker stashed this in Diabolical Plans For World Domination
Stashed in: @bakadesuyo
Here’s what we can learn from Scott Barry Kaufman about how to be creative:
- Be open to new experiences: It’s the most important thing to do. Just try new stuff. (What are you ordering for lunch today? Really? Don’t get that. You always get that.)
- Go for a walk: It can make you more creative and it’s exercise. Two birds, one stone, baby.
- Take a shower: If you’re not doing this one, I don’t want to hang out with you. Period.
- Take some “me” time: No, not me, you. So “you” time.
- Take “The Outsider’s Mindset”: Think like a kid. Stop taking your everyday work for granted. What about it would be odd to an outsider? There’s gold in thinking about that.
- Keep trying: Most of what the great geniuses produced was utter crap. Same is true for you. But nobody needs to know about your misses. Keep trying and just count the hits.
So what happens when you spend more time being creative? When you spend more time daydreaming, taking photographs, talking passionately about personal goals or keeping a journal? You live a better life.