Inside Reddit's Late 2015 Plan to Recover From Its Epic Meltdown by Wired
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Reddit!
Things I learned from this article:
1. Conde Nast owns more than half of Reddit after spinning it out.
2. Ellen Pao wrote a Washington Post op-Ed about trolls after she left Reddit:
3. Keith Rabois is on Reddit's Board of Directors. He coached Steve Huffman on whether or not to keep Alexis Ohanian involved with Reddit going forward. Steve Huffman is still CTO of Hipmunk while he's CEO of Reddit.
4. There's a secret Facebook group for women engineers that has #fempire hoodies.
5. As of Oct 2015 Reddit was looking for a VP Eng, a VP Product, and a Chief Operating Officer. Reddit's new CTO was employee #2 at Pinterest, which has 100 million monthly active users, which is half what Reddit's monthly active user base is.
6. As of Oct 2015 Reddit believed its podcast and Upvoted were important for business.