Committee Members, 112th Congress | Committee on Science - U.S. House of Representatives
Wow... there are so many science "friendly" people here:
1. Lamar Smith - SOPA pusher, christian scientist
2. Dana Rohrabacher - denies global warming
3. W. Todd Akin - believes woman body shuts reproductive system down in case of "legitimate" rape
4. Michael McCaul - Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research
5. Paul Broun - stated that the sciences of embryology, evolution, and the Big Bang are "lies straight from the Pit of Hell ..
6. Chuck Fleischmann - voted for a bill that encourages the display of “In God We Trust” in public buildings
7 Mo Brooks - co-sponsored 14 immigration-reducing bills since taking office in January 2011. He also against any stem cell research that uses human embryos.
8. Andrew P. Harris - wants government healthcare coverage for himself, but nobody else.
9. Randy Hultgren - wants to expand oil drilling in Gulf Of Mexico
10. Chip Cravaack - voted in favor of a budget bill making drastic cuts to the federal program that provides financial aid to college students