Washington Post bought Digg's team but not assets?!
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Digg
Any guesses who gets to buy the website, patents, and data? http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/30/washington-post-acqhires-digg/
1. Google. Kevin Rose is there and could be reunited with Digg.
2. Facebook. To battle Yahoo with.
3. Yahoo. To battle Facebook with.
4. Delicious. Could make for an interesting roll up.
5. Reddit. On second thought, no way.
Anyone else wanna give an opinion?
Washington Post has no comment: http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/05/01/rumor-digg-to-be-acquired-by-the-washington-post/
Digg is looking for a buyer of the assets: http://allthingsd.com/20120430/diggs-tech-team-heads-for-the-washington-post-and-digg-looks-for-a-lifeline/