Six Steps to Growth: What I Learned as 500 Startupsâ€™ Growth Hacker In Residence
Prince Boucher stashed this in Growth Hacks
And now it's time for me to go build something...
What will you build? I'm quoting Mike's process:
1. Track:Â Figure out what needs to be tracked. Track it.
2. Understand:Â Delve into the data to understand how people are using the product.
3. Prioritize:Â Evaluate and prioritize the areas most likely to yield growth. Sometimes theyâ€™ll be tweaks, sometimes theyâ€™ll be re-architected features, sometimes theyâ€™ll be completely new features.
4. Design/Write:Â In the top area or two, design a few features that are likely to yield growth. I emphasize writing because the words describing a product often matter at least as much as any other characteristics.
5. Build:Â Code it up, push it out.
6. Measure:Â Gauge success of new features. GOTO 1, 2, or 3, adjusting strategy based on the results.
I also added an infographic of "known growth hackers" from KISSmetrics.