Jim Harbaugh tantrum gif
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Jim Harbaugh
Jim Harbaugh epic tantrum gifs have become a meme.
A controversial replay review sent San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh into a brief sideline meltdown during Sunday's NFC championship.
Harbaugh had challenged a third-down catch by Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Harry Douglas. Replays showed the ball hitting the turf and moving, but officials ruled it a catch on the field and there was nothing in the review to overturn the call. Two prominent officiating observers -- Mike Periera and the folks at FootballZebra.com -- agreed with the decision.
Not Harbaugh. He flipped his lid, literally.
The GIF of his tantrum is mesmerizing, as all GIFs are. Watch it a few times for the full effect, then follow along as we break down Harbaugh's actions step-by-step. In a span of two seconds, Harbaugh shows the range it's taken Meryl Streep a lifetime to master.
1. War wife getting the dreaded Western Union telegram in a 1950s film.
2. Bat Mitzvah attendee dutifully following instructions during the "little bit softer now" part of Shout.
3. Rugby player performing a pregame Haka.
4. Heavy metal drummer concluding a wicked solo.
5. The Incredible Hulk.
6. Kid who didn't get the Xbox 360 he wanted for Christmas.
7. A woman who just splashed her drink in a man's face at a crowded restaurant.
8. Someone who slaps guys on the back during postgame handshakes.
The upheld review didn't have an impact on the final score. Atlanta failed to convert a fourth-and-4 later in the drive and San Francisco held on to win, 28-24.
49ers fans would have wondered "what if" had Matt Ryan led a game-winning touchdown drive after the replay review. Now, it's Falcons fans who will be forced to ask themselves what would have happened if Douglas hadn't stumbled before making the controversial catch. There was a big gain to be had if Douglas hadn't slipped on the turf. Could he have scored?
Just think of the tantrum Harbaugh would have thrown then.
I don't want to think about that possibility. :)
Deadspin: "This Jim Harbaugh freakout is priceless."
Harbaugh sure is emotional these days...
Jim Harbaugh is a cartoon character:
This is Jim Harbaugh QB clinic is awesome:
Especially at 17:00 ("THE KNUCKLE") and 27:00 ("I MUST WIN") ...