Camping Hacks that are borderline genius ...
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Outdoors
1. Use foam floor tiles for a softer, more comfortable tent floor.
2. Point a head lamp into a jug of water for an instant lantern.
3. Also: Mountain Dew + baking soda + peroxide = lantern.
4. Make tin-can sandwich bread as a portable food option. Get the recipe here http://www.thereadystore.com/containers/2908/what-to-do-with-a-leftover-10-can-part-2/
5. Familiarize yourself with what the poisonous plants look like.
6. Bring a tick deterrent.
7. Glue sandpaper to the top of your match holder. Be sure to buy strike-anywhere matches.
8. Repurpose a coffee can to hold and protect TP.
9. Make crescent rolls over the campfire.
As a lightweight backpacker, almost all of this is useless to me. Good information though.