Chocolate Mousse gif
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Chocolate!
To save this post, select a stash from drop-down menu or type in a new one:
How to make Chocolate Mousse, the authentic and simple way
- 100gr dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 8gr vanillin sugar or 10gr bourbon sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath. Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy. Wash the beaters with water to remove any trace of yolk.
- When chocolate is melted, take it out of the bath and set the bowl next to the beaten egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with clean beaters until white, airy and stiff. To test, turn the bowl upside down carefully. If the mass absolutely doesn't move, it's ready.
- Quickly mix the chocolate and the egg yolks.
- Use a dough-scraper or hand mixer on minimum speed to carefully fold in the beaten egg whites. Depending on your skill level, add the whites bit by bit to make the blending easier. Be careful not to over-stir the batter, or the air will go out.
Fill the batter into bowls (creme brulèe-bowls are perfectly sized) or glasses.
Set in the fridge for 2 hours. Enjoy!