29 Most Influential Images of All Time.
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Best of Imgur
1. Taken by Mike Well, this picture shows us the hand of an Ugandan Boy held by a missionary. This image strikes us a reminder about the disparity in this world.
2. It shows 9-year old girl fleeing from a village in Vietnam, after a napalm bomb was accidentally dropped on it by a plane of the Vietnam Air Force. The girl survived by tearing off her burning clothes.
3. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber: which was used in Hitler‘s time to kill Jews, mostly women and innocent children. This image shows the nail scratches of the victims who were slowly suffocated to death by the poisonous gas.
4. A 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music.
5. A 6 year-old boy, living in an orphanage in Austria rejoices and hugs a new pair of shoes given to him by the American Red Cross. (1946)
6. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff, October 1, 1940: A line of soldiers march in British Columbia on their way to a waiting train as five-year-old Whitey Bernard tugs away from his mother’s hand to reach out for his father
7. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
8. Journalists Euna Lee and Laura Ling, who had been arrested in North Korea and sentenced to 12 years hard labor, are reunited with their families in California after a successful diplomatic intervention by the U.S.
9. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
10. A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero in 2011.