What Engineers At Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, Airbnb, And Spotify Listen To While Coding
J Thoendell stashed this in Music
For developers, a good soundtrack can be as crucial to productivity as Red Bull or coffee. But what's playing through all those headphones? We asked engineers at Facebook, Spotify, Snapchat, Airbnb, and Pinterest to tell us what music has been fueling their latest projects--they even made us playlists.
1. Music with no words is sometimes preferred. All the teams are somewhat into trance.
2. Pinterest and Airbnb have similar playlists.
3. What, no Rap Genius?
4. Spotify is filled with hipsters.
Ultimately, I learned nothing from this article.
I learned two things:
1) I'm easily creeped out by the idea of whole teams listening to the same thing. I'm a special snowflake, dammit!
2) Don't work with amateur DJs.
Yes, why DOES everyone think they can be a DJ?