8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately
Janill Gilbert stashed this in Food
Here’s some harmful ingredients that are commonly found in beer:
- GMO Corn Syrup
- GMO Corn
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Fish Bladder
- Propylene Glycol
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- Natural Flavors
- GMO Sugars
- Caramel Coloring
- Insect-Based Dyes
- & lots more!
GMO Free Beers:
Organic Beers (Unpasteurized & Unfiltered)
- Wolaver’s – all beers
- Lamar Street – Whole Foods label (brewed by Goose Island)
- Bison – all beers
- Dogfish Head (organic when ingredients available)
- Fish Brewery Company – Fish Tale Ales
- Lakefront Brewery – Organic ESB
- Brooklyn – (organic when ingredients are available)
- Pinkus – all beers
- Samuel Smiths – Samuel Smiths Organic Ale
- Wychwood – Scarecrow Ale
Non-Organic Beers (Unpasteurized & Unfiltered)
- Sierra Nevada – all choices
- Duck Rabbit – Brown Ale, Porter, Amber Ale, Milk Stout
- Dogfish Head- 60 Minute IPA, Shelter Pale Ale, Chicory Stout
- Shipyard – Summer Brew
- Victory Brewery – Whirlwind
- North Coast – Blue Star
- Bridgeport – IPA (Bottle conditioned)
- Ayinger – all choices
- Royal Oak – Pale Ale
- Fraziskaner – Hefeweisse and Dunkel Weisse
- Weihenstephaner – Hefe Weissbier
- Maisel’s – Weisse
- Hoegaarden – Belgian Wit
- Amstel Light
- Duchy Original Ale Organic
- Mill Street Brewery
- Fuller’s Organic
- Nelson Organic Ale
- Natureland Organic
How is genetically modified (GMO) corn showing up so much in American beers?
I guess we stay away from American beer except Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, and microbrews.
Same reason I guess it's in almost everything, things like tomato sauce, and black beans. My best guess is they started adding it, to get a small edge in taste over their competitors.
My best guess is that they started adding it because it's cheaper than the other ingredients.
It's a filler.
A filler whose production is subsidized so it's grown in ever-increasing quantities.
Despite the evidence that corn may not be good for us at all.
That makes sense ;)