HTML-first for startups
Joyce Park stashed this in Tech biz
Startup L Jackson breaks it down for startups on why they should build HTML-first, iOS second, and Android last. At least we know now that he doesn't work for the Goog!
We also know he doesn't work for Apple.
He does offer some very good reasons to build for iPhone before Android:
- You are developing in English for the Play store, so Android’s global market penetration is irrelevant.
- Apple devices get used more, and apple users install more apps.
- Development will be slower, because Android is fragmented both in terms of OS versions and devices.
- Features will either not work on all Android devices, or you’ll be forced to dumb down to address more devices.
- It’ll be harder to get press, because nobody at TechCrunch uses Android.
- It’ll be harder to hire, because potential employees mostly use iOS.
- It’ll be harder to test premium services, because Android users are less affluent. All Uber for X apps start as premium services.
- You won’t be able to test monetization easily, because Android users don’t monetize well.