Don't start a company unless it's an obsession and something you love. ~@mcuban
Adam Rifkin stashed this in @mcuban
There's not much in Mark Cuban's 12 Rules For Startups but I do like the first five rules:
1. Don't start a company unless it's an obsession and something you love.
2. If you have an exit strategy, it's not an obsession.
3. Hire people who you think will love working there.
4. Sales Cure All. Know how your company will make money and how you will actually make sales.
5. Know your core competencies and focus on being great at them. Pay up for people in your core competencies. Get the best. Outside the core competencies, hire people that fit your culture but aren't as expensive to pay.
The rest of the rules? Meh.
A lot of people wondered why I didn't do #1 last year, and I felt it was too easy and I wasn't obsessed about it.