A Statistical Portrait of a Y Combinator Batch - Statwing Blog
Ottway Ducard stashed this in Preso
1. Who are the 50somethings?
2. Why do 15% of the startups have just one founder?
3. How many women founders?
1. I wondered the same thing.
2. Guess the solo founders hack the system: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4402110
3. AFAIK, YC doesn't release numbers of female founders. Danielle Morril is one.
That's a lot of people hacking the system.
As their network grows, more and more people will find the back door. In that way they'll become more like 500; those with referrals will have preference.