The 7-Step Evening Ritual That Will Make You Happy by TIME
Eric Barker stashed this in Diabolical Plans For World Domination
Stashed in: @bakadesuyo
Here’s your new evening ritual for happiness:
- Have a “shutdown ritual.” Write down worries and make a plan for tomorrow. Work is over.
- Turn weeknights into weekends. Weekends are happier because of time with friends. So see friends. Not hard.
- Mastery, not TV. Hobbies make you happier. Spend nights getting awesome at something.
- Wind down, don’t collapse. No screens. No coffee. No skydiving.
- Never go to bed angry with your partner. Kiss and make up. And kiss. And kiss some more.
- Write down the good stuff that happened. Force your brain to think about the good and life will be good.
- Schedule something to look forward to. Anticipation is like 401K matching for happiness. Double the happies.
Your brain cheats. Cheat back. Plan a good thing for tomorrow to have an emotional high point, end the day right and you can trick your mind into happiness.
And don’t wait. Right now, send this to a friend and plan something fun for tomorrow. That way you’re half done.
As the saying goes, “All’s well that ends well.” So end the day well, my friend.