Silicon Valley s3e2 "Two in a Box" gifs and memes
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Pied Piper
Dinesh VR Upvote gif: http://i.imgur.com/3PqwI0s.gifv
Thank you hero0fwar for making this gif:
guygoald version: http://i.imgur.com/NqlZVXJ.gifv
fThis week's episode (Season 3, Episode 2) is full with references to older episodes of the show, some of them might be even hard to recognize. Here's a lisf ot what I could find:
- The episode started with a scene at the doctor, just like S01E06 (finding that Richard has aged) and S02E05 (talking about the night sweats). The doctor was first introduced in S01E01, and can be also seen at TechCrunch Disrupt in S01E08.
- A "I Am Pied Piper" sign can be seen at the new offices, just like the ones introduced by Russ Hannamen in S02E04.
- Barker is saying he thought the flute-playing guy was a little phallic, which is referncing the snack dick joke from S01E03.
- Gilfoyle is using racist stereotypes at Dinesh for him being Pakistani, as he did in S01E01 (saying he speaks in Farsi) and S02E01 (saying that he is Indian).
- Jared is saying he's going to move out of Noah's guest house, where he moved in S02E05. Noah's character was also introduced in this episode, and he moved out later from his own house, in S02E10.
- Hooli offices has a poster of Gavin with fighting suit, which is a reference to Necleus' kickboxing streaming in S02E06.
- Gavin is using Hooli-Search, which he referenced in his speech at TechCrunch Disrupt in S01E08.
- Hooli-Search results show the Code/Rag site, with the article titled "Necleus is Tanking. Will Gavin Belson Go Down with the Ship?". The results also mentioned the weissman score, which is a system to grade compression results that mentioned a few times before. The site was shown in S03E01 (where the gang read about Jack Barker). The site is expected to be seen again, according to the casting of the reporter, C.J. Cantwell.
- Hooli employee saying "Amazing" at Necleus' workers, referencing his reaction to Gavin's speech in S03E01.
- Erlich referencing Richard and Jared as "Incubees", and uses this term a few more times in this episode. Erlich explained the term in S02E05, as "a resident of an incubator".
- Erlich is saying "Motherfuck" when Jian-Yang doesn't understand him twice in this episode, just as he did on S01E04 and S02E04.
- Richard mentions the Hooli lawsuit, which is the whole story of S02.
- Keith from Northeast Regoinal is asking Richard for techinical debts and Richard says they don't, just after he said to Dinesh and Gilfoyle they have a massive one in S03E01.
- Richard is told that they are going to be Buisness-facing, instead of Consumer-facing which won't be good. Jared said to Gavin Belson that this would make the applications endless in S01E01 (Thanks to /u/HippopotamicLandMass)
- Richard is doing his presentation, as he did to all of the VCs in S02E01. Also, the presentation has the company's logo with the two lowercase P's, made by Chuy in S01E05.
- Barker mentions he has to go to a charity-wine event he was invited to a long time ago. Russ was also invited to a charity-wine event and finally gave the tickets to Erlich and Jian-Yang in S02E04.
- Erlich is giving Jian-Yang a kimono when he wants him to leave, just like he gave Richard in S02E05, when the company was about to move into their new offices. He also asks from both to bow down to the waist.
- Gilfoyle mentions EndFrame, and that they suck. EndFrame were part of S02E06-08, and they did Homicide live stream in S02E06. Their people were first introduced to the show as Branscomb Ventures in S02E01.
- In order to realize that he cracked Middle-out, Jason the Brogrammer moved his hands back and forth while making a round shape with his hand, referencing the mean jerk time calculation in S01E08, which made Richard find out the Middle-Out algorithm.
- Jian-Yang states that he is going to smoke in his room, because that is a special occasion. Jian-Yang said he only smokes in special occasions in S02E08.
- Jason the Brogrammer mentions that Richard's algroithm is called Middle-Out. The algoritm name was revealed in S01E08, and mentioned a few single times along S02.
Pretty awesome, and I expect more references in further episodes.
Source of this analysis:
S01E08 was a significant E.
The more I look at the "Conjoined Triangles of Success" the funnier it gets.
Me too! Especially given the new CEO brags about having invented it. :)
And then later he explains that the company's product is its stock.