Burning Man Bought 3800 Acre Fly Ranch For 6.5 Million
Janill Gilbert stashed this in Burning Man/Black Rock
Holy landscapes Batman, how rich is Burning Man?
It was a big charity donation given to them, and they state they will eventually reveal who the donor(s) are. Some rumor is Elon Musk.
Does Elon Musk go to Burning Man??
I don't know if he ever has.
"One of our early supporters and driving forces behind this project is Burning Man Project Board Member Chip Conley, who has shared his motivations for contributing to this project on Fest300. Another is Ping Fu, who, like so many of you, is a dreamer and a maker. Her reasons for giving inspire all of us, and we have been working with Ping, Chip and others to share the reasons they felt called to contribute to this project.
Other donors you may hear from in the coming weeks and months include: Joe Gebbia, Bill Linton, Rob and Kristin Goldman, Guy Laliberté, Farhad Mohit and Nushin Sabet, Alex Moradi, Graham Schneider, and Jonathan Teo. A handful of donors have asked to remain anonymous, and we absolutely respect that choice. Just like in Black Rock City, we also celebrate and honor anonymous giving."
Chip Conley is an American hotelier, hospitality entrepreneur, author, and speaker. Conley is the founder of Joie de Vivre Hospitality, which he began in 1987 at age 26 and held the position of CEO for nearly 24 years.
Ping Fu is a Chinese-American entrepreneur. She is the co-founder of 3D software development company Geomagic, and was its chief executive officer until February 2013 when the company was acquired by 3D Systems Inc.
Hmmm, no one from Google??
Maybe one of the ones wanting to remain anonymous.
Well someone has done more research than I
The donors include:
- Joe Gebbia -- Cofounder of vacation stay website Airbnb
- Bill Linton -- Founder of biotechnology corporation Promega
- Guy Laliberte -- CEO of Cirque du Soleil, space tourist and poker player
- Farhad Mohit -- Founder of Flipagram
- Nushin Sabet -- Iranian photographer
- Alex Moradi -- Founder of real estate development company ICO
- Jonathan Teo -- Investor in Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Chip Conley -- Founder of Joie de Vivre Hospitality, festival website Fest 300 and executive at Airbnb
- Ping Fu -- Founder of 3D software development company Geomagic
- Graham Schneider -- Real estate developer
- Rob and Kristin Goldman -- Rob Goldman is a vice president at Facebook
Interesting collection of people. Not sure what the common theme is.