9 Questions Emotionally Intelligent People Always Ask
Rich Hua stashed this in Emotional Intelligence
To save this post, select a stash from drop-down menu or type in a new one:
Daniel Goleman, the foremost authority on emotional intelligence, has put together these questions to help you evaluate your own emotional intelligence, and get you thinking about your strengths and limitations in EQ.
- Are you usually aware of your feelings and why you feel that way?
- Are you aware of your limitations, as well as your personal strengths, as a leader?
- Can you manage your distressing emotions well -- e.g., recover quickly when you get upset or stressed?
- Can you adapt smoothly to changing realities?
- Do you keep your focus on your main goals, and know the steps it takes to get there?
- Can you usually sense the feelings of the people you interact with and understand their way of seeing things?
- Do you have a knack for persuasion and using your influence effectively?
- Can you guide a negotiation to a satisfactory agreement, and help settle conflicts?
- Do you work well on a team, or prefer to work on your own?