15 Facts about the Majority of Americans
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Facts
There are 312 million Americans.
Some facts about the majority of them:
1. The majority of Americans are over 30.
2. 50% of Americans support legalizing marijuana.
3. 50.5% of Americans pay federal income tax. See chart above.
4. 51% of Americans are married, down from 72% in 1960.
5. 61% of Americans have an immediate family member who has served in the military.
7. 66% of Americans are overweight. This number has doubled since the 1950s.
8. 77% of Americans believe abortion should be legalized in some form.
9. 78% of American adults use the Internet.
10. 79% of Americans live in an urban area.
11. 80% of Americans speak only English at home.
12. 84% of Americans have health insurance though only 59% have it from their employers paying for it.
13. 85% of Americans over 25 have a high school diploma.
14. 85% of American adults have a cell phone.
15. 92% of Americans believe in God or a universal spirit.
#15 seems a bit high when other stats are saying ~17% are agnostic and/or atheist
Yes, 5% atheist last year and the rest is agnostic. I really like some of these charts