What Every College Student Should Post on LinkedIn
bikash kumar mallick stashed this in pirate of hearts
Adam Rifkin is rubbing off on me: I wish you had copy pasted the key points, ie. the Punchline of the article...
1. Make sure your profile is up to date, with a photo, and no spelling or grammar mistakes.
2. Show off your school work or internships: "You can now visually illustrate your skills with rich media, such as pictures and videos. If you have a presentation you're especially proud of, or a design project you executed for an internship, include it on your profile to help recruiters visualize what type of talent you bring to the table."
3. Ask professors and advisors for recommendations.
4. Use your status message to regularly post industry-specific articles.
5. Join a few industry-specific LinkedIn groups and regularly ask questions or offer answers.