The 12 Laws of Karma
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Interconnectedness!
Stashed in: #inspiration, Karma, #happiness, #greatness, Time, #love, Wisdom, Zen, Life, Focus!, #kindness, Inclusion, Be yourself., @ifindkarma, The Universe, Compassion, Meaning of Life, Everything, Manifestos, The Internet is my religion., Be here now.
1. THE GREAT LAW
As you sow, so shall you reap.
This is also known as the Law of Cause and Effect.
- Whatever we put out in the Universe, is what comes back to us.
If what we want is Happiness, Peace, Friendship, Love…
Then we should BE Happy, Peaceful, Friendly, Loving.
2. THE LAW OF CREATION
Life doesn’t just HAPPEN. It requires our participation.
Whatever surrounds us gives us clues to our inner state.
- BE yourself and DO yourself… what you want to have in your Life.
3. THE LAW OF HUMILITY
What you refuse to accept, will continue for you.
If what we see is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative...
- Then we ourselves are not focused on a Higher Level of Existence.
4. THE LAW OF GROWTH
Wherever you go, there you are.
For us to GROW in Spirit it is we who must change and not the people, places, or things around us.
- When we change who and what we are within our heart, our life changes too.
5. THE LAW OF RESPONSIBILITY
Whenever there is something wrong, there is something wrong in me.
- We must take responsibility for what is in our life.
6. THE LAW OF CONNECTION
Even if something we do seems inconsequential, it is very important that it gets done,
Each step leads to the next step and so forth and so on.
Someone must do the initial work to get a job done.
Neither the first step nor the last are of greater significance.
They were both needed to accomplish the task.
- Past, Present, Future: They are all connected…
7. THE LAW OF FOCUS
- When our focus is on Spiritual Values it is impossible for us to have lower thoughts such as greed or anger.
8. THE LAW OF GIVING AND HOSPITALITY
If you believe something to be true, then sometime in your life you will be called upon to demonstrate that truth.
- Here is where we put what we SAY that we have learned into PRACTICE.
9. THE LAW OF HERE AND NOW
- Old thoughts, old patterns of behavior, old dreams… Prevent us from having new ones.
10. THE LAW OF CHANGE
11. THE LAW OF PATIENCE AND REWARD
All Rewards require initial toil.
Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil.
- True Joy follows doing what we’re supposed to be doing and waiting for the Reward to come in its own time.
12. THE LAW OF SIGNIFICANCE AND INSPIRATION
You get back from something whatever you’ve put into it.
The Value of something is a direct result of the energy and intent that is put into it.
Every personal contribution is also a contribution to the Whole.
Lackluster Contributions have no impact on the Whole, or work to diminish it.
- Loving Contributions Lift Up and Inspire the Whole.