Swiftkey 2015 Report reveals most-used emojis by country
Waylan Choy stashed this in Infographics!
To save this post, select a stash from drop-down menu or type in a new one:
- Canadians score highest for the poop emoji compared to other countries
- Canadians also score highest in emoji categories you might typically think of as ‘all-American’ (money, raunchy, violent, sports)
- The French use four times as many heart emoji than other languages, and it’s the only language for which a ‘smiley’ is not #1
- Arabic speakers use flowers and plants emoji 4X more than average
- Russian speakers are the biggest romantics, using three times as much romance-themed emoji than the average
- Australia is the land of vices and indulgence according to the emoji data, using double the average amount of alcohol-themed emoji, 65% more drug emoji than average and leading for both junk food and holiday emoji
- Judging by their use of emoji, Americans are the most LGBT, using these emojis more than others
- Americans also lead for a random assortment of emoji & categories, including skulls, birthday cake, fire, tech, meat and female-oriented emoji
I wonder why Canadians like the poop emoji.