Infographic: Piece by Piece â Constructing the International Space Station
Marlene Breverman stashed this in International Space Station
To save this post, select a stash from drop-down menu or type in a new one:
Marlene there are so many pieces!
International Space Station Size & Mass
- Module Length: 167.3 feet (51 meters)
- Truss Length: 357.5 feet (109 meters)
- Solar Array Length: 239.4 feet (73 meters)
- Mass: 924,739 pounds (419,455 kilograms)
- Habitable Volume: 13,696 cubic feet (388 cubic meters)
- Pressurized Volume: 32,333 cubic feet (916 cubic meters)
- Power Generation: 8 solar arrays = 84 kilowatts
- Lines of Computer Code: approximately 2.3 million ~Â http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/onthestation/facts_and_figures.html
Those numbers are staggering. Really, really big!