This Is How To Be Productive Without Being Miserable: 8 Proven Secrets, by Eric Barker
Eric Barker stashed this in Diabolical Plans For World Domination
Here’s how to be productive without becoming a miserable robot:
- Start the day happy: How you wake is how you work. Having a little fun early means better results later.
- Scrub your way to creativity: Bring a challenge into the shower and come out with a solution.
- Close loops to kill worries: Make a plan and write it down to silence the voice in your head.
- Make awful tasks your own: Put your own spin on how you do something and you’ll be more motivated.
- Break down procrastination: Conquer Asia one tribe at a time, Genghis.
- Keep progress visible: Put a “did-it” list next to the “to-do” list for motivational rocket fuel.
- Forgiveness keeps you going: Beating yourself up kills productivity. Treat yourself like you would a good friend.
These days one of the biggest enemies you deal with is distraction. But there’s a fun solution to this: work near a super-productive friend.
Even if they’re not helping you, just being around them can improve your focus. How powerful is this? Powerful enough to help people with ADHD.
Just having friends nearby can push you toward productivity. “There’s a concept in ADHD treatment called the ‘body double,’ ” says David Nowell, Ph.D., a clinical neuropsychologist from Worcester, Massachusetts. “Distractable people get more done when there is someone else there, even if he isn’t coaching or assisting them.” If you’re facing a task that is dull or difficult, such as cleaning out your closets or pulling together your receipts for tax time, get a friend to be your body double.
You won’t be super-productive by trying to pretend you’re a machine.
If you really want to get things done you can’t just keep your head down. You also need to keep your smile up.