How To Have A Great Relationship - 5 Secrets From Research by Arthur Aron
Eric Barker stashed this in Diabolical Plans For World Domination
Stashed in: @bakadesuyo
Classic Baka from 2014!
- According to your own brain, love is right up there with cocaine and cash. And it can last if you treat it right.
- Want to be attractive? Make yourself look good, emphasize similarities, and let the person know you’re picky — but that you do like them.
- A great first date is something that creates excitement and energy. Share things about yourself and respond positively when your partner does.
- Relationships often fail because of individual issues, not because of a bad match. Resolve difficulties as soon as you can; they don’t strengthen relationships, they cripple them.
- Improve your relationship by dealing with your personal issues, doing exciting things together, celebrating your partner’s successes and showing gratitude.
It’s easy to get lazy when things are going well. But a little effort can go a long way — and not just toward a better relationship.
The evidence shows that relationship quality plays a huge role in longevity. The findings are that the importance of being in a good relationship versus being alone is a bigger effect than smoking or obesity on how long we live. And the quality of your relationships is also the biggest factor associated with general life happiness.
If you don’t have someone special in your life, here’s how to find them.
And if you do have someone, make an effort today. Celebrate any good news they have and plan something exciting to do this week.
And then show them a little gratitude. Does anything feel better than hearing how much we mean to someone else?