13 Reasons Normal People Will Never Quit Facebook
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Facebook!
Mark Zuckerberg knows that Facebook's primary users (aka "Normals") will NEVER quit Facebook.
I summarize BI's reasons why:
13. Normals use Facebook to remember birthdays.
12. Normals would rather upload set of photos to Facebook than email it.
11. Normals stalk old boyfriends and girlfriends on Facebook.
10. Normals use Facebook to look up peoples' phone number and email addresses.
9. Normals prefer Facebook status messages to blogging things longer than 140 characters.
8. 80 million people are still addicted to FarmVille.
7. It takes 2 seconds for a normal to join a new site using Facebook Connect. Without Facebook Connect, it can take a good 10 minutes. Ain't nobody got time for that.
6. Normals use Facebook to announce parties and hear about events from friends.
5. Normals don't care about Facebook's past.
3. Normals don't even consider quitting Facebook. Not for News Feed, not for Beacon, not for Graph Search, and not for whatever comes next.
2. Normals use Facebook to keep up with friends and family that live in other cities. That's never going to stop.
1. Facebook is one of the most popular iPhone apps to use when waiting in line. That's never going to end.
tl;dr: Facebook is here forever!
Normal people don't want anyone taking over their name.
That's an interesting one. They feel a responsibility toward keeping their name's reputation.
I can see that.