The Last Thing Youâ€™ll Ever Need to Read About Setting and Achieving Goals | TIME
Eric Barker stashed this in Diabolical Plans For World Domination
Huh? Set goals? Why?
- Setting goalsÂ can improve your life. Goal setting is one ofÂ the four techniques the military used to increase Navy SEAL passing ratesÂ from 25% to 33%.
- Studies have also shown itÂ makes you happier.
What are the first steps in moving toward your goals?
- Write them down. Writing about goalsÂ makes you happierÂ and makes youmore likely to follow through with them. Use round numbers toÂ trick yourself into working harder.
- Sometimes the best way to figure out how to do something isÂ to focus on why you want to do something.
- Grease the wheels for any behavior change byÂ manipulating your context.
- Donâ€™t look at goals like a death march. Putting some time intoÂ making them funÂ is both more enjoyable and more effective.
- Make the first couple milestones easy. Track your accomplishments on a chart. Do anything so that you can see progress becauseÂ nothing motivates you more than seeing progress.
yes, yes, and yes!
Re-reading this, it's important to put some time into making the goal fun.
Don't dread the goal. Don't treat it like a death march. Enjoy it.
What are 5 things thatÂ make achieving goals easier?
- Make a step-by-step plan.
- Tell other people about your goal.
- Think about the good things that will happen if you achieve your goal.
- Reward yourself for making progress toward your goal.
- Record your progress (e.g., in a journal or on a chart).
More tipsÂ here.