Why I Migrated Away from MongoDB
Joyce Park stashed this in Code
Turns out relational algebra - one of the very few elegant concepts of computer science - is useful! ;-)
It feels good not to throw out 40 years of SQL knowledge, research and development.
The comments are incredible:
I just... There are no words. You are just awful. Yes-- lets make sure we have our database work out schema enforcement, that will CERTAINLY scale beyond a few hundred queries per second, right?
Reply to Landon by Foljs:
NoSQL... is like ad-hoc kludges and wheel re-invention be people too young to remember the past and too ignorant of computer science...
Ad hoc (schema-less) databases are not some future; they existed back before relational algebra. In fact, relational algebra was a move out of the mess they caused, with each client to the data being responsible for enforcing the invariants.
- Ladies and gentlemen, the NoSQL movement.
- MongoDB is crap and it doesnt scale
- There's definitely some developers behaving badly...
- this is bullshit! Don't blame MonogoDB ! blame your misunderstanding of document database .
- *Applause* - a wise decision to go away from MongoDB - don't believe in every marketing hype of MongoDB and 10gen.
Too.. Much... Entertainment! Hand me that popcorn, please.