How To Be Efficient: Dan Arielyâ€™s 6 New Secrets To Managing Your Time | Observer
Eric Barker stashed this in Diabolical Plans For World Domination
Even Dan struggles with work-life balance.
Here are Danâ€™s tips:
- The world is not designed to help you achieve your long term goals. Passivity is not going to get you where you want to go.
- Control your environment or it will control you. Optimize your workspaceÂ for what you need to achieve.
- WriteÂ the things you need to do down on your calendar. Youâ€™re more likely to do what you write down.
- You have about 2 hours of peak productivity, usually early in the morning. Protect those hours and use them wisely.
- Meetings, email, multitasking and structured procrastination are the biggest time wasters.
- No, you donâ€™t need an email break. Switching tasksÂ reduces effectiveness as your brain transitions. The more you do it, the less effective you are.
You donâ€™t need to account for every minute. You donâ€™t need to agonize over wasted seconds. Itâ€™s just about improving.
And none of us are infallible. When I asked Dan about work-life balance, what did he say?
I struggle with it every day.Â You and I are doing this interview and itâ€™sÂ Saturday, Eric.